Structural Modulars, Inc.
Well for starters we are a site builder who builds off site. The way we construct is different than most other modular manufacturers. We customize from start to finish and our standards are higher than other companies. Here are just a few of the benefits by building with SMI.
- Materials - We only use high quality materials from Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) to Oriented Strand Board (OSB) to Southern Yellow Pine (SYP). Because we build indoors our materials are protected from Mother Nature...and since we buy in large quantities we get better pricing...a savings that is passed on.
- 5 Station - We produce modulars using a 5 station system. And the best part is if you want to stop by and take a tour just come on in. If you want to see your house on the "line" just come on in.
- Roof System - We design and build our own roof truss systems. Which after the modular house is set there is little site work to finish.
- Exterior Walls - No solid headers because of the LVL which gives us a thermal break and we use LVL inside the wall 14" w/notched studs. We block for window treatments.
- Floors/Ceilings - The floor decking is glued and screwed to reduce squeaks. LVL is used as the perimeter band on all floors and ceilings. We use SYP for our floor joists.
- We Have a Pit! - At Station 2 we have a pit where we bottom wire a house and plumb like you would on-site.