Before we get started I want to explain the reasons for asking the first six questions.
- We want to build your home. The white elephant in the room as been identified! Why wouldn't we want to build your home? It's what we do and we build it the best.
- Your name is a given. First and last. But if you just want us to know your first name that is fine too.
- We need your email address. We don't sell our lists to anyone but we like to send out monthly emails of projects we are working on, new ways of constructing, to reviews of new products and materials. It is our way of keeping you in the loop.
- If you want to build within 6 months then we need to get started versus if you were going to build in 3 years.
- We want to partner you with the best builder we have in the area where you are building.
- If you want us to contact you via email just click yes and we will have one of our sales team get in touch. If you click no we will just send you a monthly email until you are no longer interested.
Listed below are our "standards" we use if you choose not to pick out your products and materials. Think of it as a starting point.
A lot of times when you are designing your kitchen or someone is designing for you we all get a little crazy about the bells and whistles. Kitchens can add up very quickly so keep in mind the following things:
- Choose a neutral color, water resistant, vinyl sheeting or an interlocking vinyl plank that isn't as expensive as tile or hardwood. Technology has made some pretty cool advances with the "look" of tile and hardwood.
- Cabinetry for kitchens and bathrooms are more "permanent" items that you may not want to have to change out 5 - 10 years from now. So choose items that are sturdy and durable, that can be repainted easily, and with a few bucks in different hardware and fixtures you have a totally new look. CHECK THIS OUT -
This Modular Home Checklist is a peek at some of the things you will need to select as you go through the process of designing your home.
Since we construct your home within weeks we need to know a lot more up front than if you were building a site-built home.
The Things To Consider section gives you the opportunity to think ahead. For example:
If you know where the big screen TV is going to go let your builder know so it can be incorporated in to the floor plan. All the wiring and everything will be done and the best part it is YOU WON'T SEE THE WIRES!
With regards to appliances - every appliance is different. By giving your builder a list of the appliances with the specs (dimensions, power usage, etc.) will help with the installation of cabinetry, dryer box, shut off valves, and so on.
If you are having trouble understanding where and how Structural Modulars fits in to your building project just think of us a sub-contractor.
- You contact us in October and we set you up with an approved builder who knows all about traditional and modular construction.
- We construct the shell of your home in January.
- Your house is set in April or May.
- You builder finishes it and you move into your dreamhouse by July.